Leanne qualified with a B. Pharm at the University of the Witwatersrand in 1987. She is an independent specialist pharmaceutical consultant with over thirty years post-qualification experience, that provides the South African pharmaceutical industry (State and Private) with comprehensive consulting services across a broad spectrum of industrial pharmaceutical processes – in all areas of operation relating to medicine control, handling, registration and licencing, legislative requirements and all related issues. Her services concentrate mainly on compliancy issues, pre-audit preparations local and international GMP Inspections / Quality Audits for the various International Statutory bodies, all legislative issues and all technical training.
• Began her career at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), worked there for 10 years and then a further 5 years as a consultant to the entity.
• Founded the GMP CO – training and specialised consulting services to leading pharmaceutical companies in South Africa
• Leanne has played a pivotal role in the South African pharmaceutical industry and is highly respected in her area of expertise.
• Nominated and served as an inspector for the South African Pharmacy Council for 18 consecutive years.
• Guest lecturer at University of the Witwatersrand – Wits Medical School, specialising in GMP practises and related international standards.
• Set up pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities and attained international GMP accreditation (FDA (USA) and TGA (AUS) ), for these sites.
• Spent the past 5 years researching and engaging with key Cannabis market players, developing a global network of blue chip funders, technical partners and pharma companies in the Cannabis industry
• Assisted in setting up the first “legal” indoor medicinal Cannabis facility in South Africa.
• Part of a strategic task team that wrote the new (GWP) Good wholesaling Practises Guidelines for the MCC (Medicines Control Council) for pharmaceuticals.
• Nominated onto and serves on the national executive committee of SAAPI (South African Association for Pharmacists in Industry)
• Serves on the Minister of Health’s advisory committee on Cannabis.
• Consulting to Regulatory Authorities in different African Countries on the Implementation of Cannabis for Medicinal Use Programs as well as the implementation of regulatory frameworks
• She is a consummate professional in her field, widely experienced across the full spectrum of pharmaceutical practices